Marine Terminals operate a varied and expensive selection of wheeled handling equipment from:
- Straddle Carriers
- Front Loaders
- Empty Lifters
- Fork Lift trucks
- Yard Hustlers
Terminals need their handling equipment in peak operating performance and require them to be operational 24x7 365 days a year. Scheduled maintenance is essential and down time a problem when the terminal is at the peak of operations. The enTIRE asset tracking applications help the terminal's technical team to manage and maintain every aspect of their equipment's tyres and rims. Tyres are an expensive consumable with prices ranging from 2,500 to 5,000 USD each for individual straddle carrier or RTG tyres. With large facilities operating sizable fleets of handling equipment tyre expenses can be a significant annual capital expenditure.
These are a few of the key elements being tracked.
enTIRE offers a full MIS Reporting Module
enTIRE produces statistical data that can be graphically represented to the terminal's technical team through a wide range of reports and charts, ideal when evaluating tyre brand performance at the end of each financial year or as and when tyres are being purchased.
Other Key Features
- Linked to hand held tread and pressure survey devices for speedier processing / real-time.
- Integration to ERP or TOS systems available.
- TPMS - "Tyre Pressure Monitoring System" - real time air pressure readers to monitor tyre pressures on a real time basis.
enTIRE Key Features
- Tracking tyre brands.
- Tracking warranty information.
- Total tyre inventory (Financial accountability by brand).
- Hours operated on each tyre/rim/vehicle.
- Number of repairs on each tyre.
- Operating hours for each tyre.
- Tyre rotation tracking.
- Tracking wheel rim repairs and damage.
- Photo capture of damaged tyres and linked back for warranty claims or insurance claims.
- Tyre pressure tracking and integration into live TPMS.
- Effective data to better analyse tyre purchases - costs versus performance and durability.
- Forecast your upcoming tyre requirements.
- Track failure reasons to help target problem areas.
- With the TPMS module deployed tyre pressures can be tracked - in the event of low pressure it can affect the safety aspects of the handling equipment, cause excessive wear on machinery frames, have an impact on fuel consumption, and of course it shortens a tyre's workable life.